Welcome! This is the first conference Celebrating Women in Statistics which will be held at the Embassy Suites in Cary, NC. To register, make hotel reservations, or explore options in how you may participate, please use the menu options in the Participate Tab. Interested in Donating Time or Money to help us kickstart this venture? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I cancel my conference registration?
- If I need to cancel, may I transfer my registration to another person?
- What will be the attire for the conference?
- What if I have a special dietary or other need?
- What meals are included?
- Will any of the sessions be recorded?
- How can I get from the airport to the hotel?
- Can I submit abstract elecronically and not be physically present?
- Do I need to submit a poster to apply for travel award?
- I can't attend this year, but would like to receive information about future events.
- Can I submit an abstract?
- How do I find out more about sponsorship opportunities?
- Can I register a group?
- How can I pay for my registration?
- How many people do you expect to attend?
- Can I stay at another hotel in the area?
- What support is available for participants to attend the meeting?
- What does "travel support" mean?
- May I submit my registration fee for reimbursement under a Travel Award?
- What expenses will the Travel Award cover?
- Where is the conference and how do I make a hotel reservation?
- How do I register for the conference?
To cancel your conference registration, please provide us with your full name and order number (the latter is important so that we can credit your credit card). You will be reimbursed according to the cancellation policy in effect for the current date.
Yes. Please email us with your name and order number, and the name of the other individual. If the other individual has an account/profile created, we will happily transfer the registration to the other individual at no cost.
There's a place to include that information when you complete your profile. We will make every attempt to accommodate dietary needs if provided in advance.
Breakfasts, lunches, receptions, breaks and the Awards Gala are included with your registration.
A portion of the sessions will be recorded. Details wil be announced on the website when available.
The hotel has a courtesy bus which can be arranged with the Embassy Suites for pickup at 919-677-1840 or taxis may be found at the airport.
No, you must be present and registered for the conference.
You may submit a poster abstract. These will be peer reviewed in February and early March, and you will be notified of acceptance. However, submitting an abstract does not guarantee a registration spot as we are limiting registration to 400 participants. To submit your poster, please go to the Abstract Submission page.
Each individual attending must create an acount with a profile so we have all the contact and other important information for each individual. If a single staff person has the account login information for each individual, s/he may complete the registration and payment process.
The space will accommodate up to 400 people.
Reserving at our host hotel allows us to keep conference costs as low as possible and provides an opportunity to build relationships while staying with other attendees. We appreciate your support by booking the Embassy Suites (if rooms sell out, we will provide information about overflow hotels).
Participants whose organization are members of the NISS & SAMSI Affiliate program may request support for registration and travel from their instititution's Affiliate Liason. Affiliate Award Funds can be used to support NISS or SAMSI co-sponsored meetings up to $1,000 per meeting or conference per individual. See details at the NISS website for Affiliate Award Fund and forms and a list of Affiliates.
Junior Researchers (those within 5 years of their PhD or highest degree) may apply for a Junior Researcher Travel Award.
Travel support means either air, or comparable car, train or bus travel support, but not the registration fee.
The award may be used to cover travel expenses, lodging and local expenses. Registration Fees cannot be covered by the award.
The Headquarters hotel is the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle NC, 201 Harrison Oaks Blvd., Cary, NC 27513; just 10 mins from RDU. Please note there are other Embassy Suites in the area and it's important to specify this address.
See the Hotel and Travel under Participate for links for discounted reservations
Once you create an account/add a profile or login (under the login/register link above the Home tab), proceed to "Participate" and "Registration" which will lead you through the registration and payment process.